Thursday, September 13, 2007

Journal Entry #7 My weekend

Are you going to the Concert Under the Stars? Are you going on the Los Angeles City Tour? I hope you go to at least one of these events. First, attend the event. Next, write a paragraph summarizing your experience. If you do not attend either event, please write about what you did over the weekend.

Last Friday noon, I started to clean my house including my room, the kitchen, and the restroom. Because my roommate and I have a deal that we have to clean our house every three weeks. After finishing cleaning my house, I was almost exhausted. So in Friday evening, my friend, Elson, and I had a dinner at Tea Station. It served lots of Taiwanese style meals. And it tasted so wonderful, especially when I was so tired. Then we went to campus to see firework. It was so fantastic. On Saturday, my boyfriend cam to pick me up and we went to a plaza. There were a lot of Korean’s restaurants, Korean’s stores and a supermarket, Zion. It was our first time to shop in a Korean’s supermarket. I liked this supermarket due to that it was a little similar to Taiwan’s market. I bought some fruits and cookies. It was almost 6 pm by that time, and we had an appointment at 8 pm with my friends to celebrate my friend, Jodie’s, birthday. It took more than one hours to drive there. It was a little tired for us. But we had a lot of fun and enjoyed our celebration in the restaurant Red Lobster. End of that day, my friend made a wish and share the birthday cake. On Sunday, my boyfriend and I decided to go to library. And we stayed at library all day until 6 pm. After having a dinner, my boyfriend drove me back my home. I was so happy to have so great weekend with my friends.

2 comments:

purple sun said...

The question is "Are you going to the Concert Under the Stars" and you did,so you should write about the concert.Anyway, I understand, and the grammar is good.

Paula said...

I am so impress of your grammmar in this paragraph. You are almost right everything. However, I thought may be you just forgot some error sentenses such as spelling which is "cam" (came) and "it" (its), and an article which are "a lot of...a supermarket" (a lot of...supermarkets)., and compound sentenses which should be have comma and coordination conjungtion between two sentenses., and you used a informal word (speaking language) which is "lots of". This formal word is "a lot of". Finally, I rarely to see error sentenses in your paragraph. You are always perfect.